Senior Manager - Financial Accounting (Internal Finance Team)
Senior Manager – Financial Accounting (Internal Finance Team)
Join our national finance team reporting directly to the CFO during an exciting period of growth and change. This role will be leading a team of accountants and accounts payable across a number of offices. It is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys driving process improvements and automation.
- Prepare and analyse monthly financial statements, including income statements and balance sheets
- Lead month-end and year-end closing processes, including reconciliations, journal entries, and accruals
- Serve as the primary contact for GL-related queries for external auditors during the annual audit process
- Manage the accounts payable function of the firm, ensuring timely and accurate payments
- Conduct weekly cashflow analysis and general cashflow management (e.g., sweeps)
- Identify and maintain key processes and controls to ensure strong “financial hygiene”
- Supervise and mentor a team of accountants, ensuring their professional development and performance. Lead and empower the team to deliver against initiatives of the Finance Strategy
- Work with the CFO, wider finance team or business on relevant projects
- CA/ CPA qualified with 6+ years of experience in a Financial Accounting role, ideally within a professional services environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Dynamic Great Plains system experience is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in leading and developing a finance team
- Strong communication skills and experience liaising with senior stakeholders
- Driven, dynamic, and adaptable to a changing environment
BDO offers professional development, a collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities, and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, well-being, workplace giving, and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information please contact Ieva Dabrisiute at email@example.com. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.