Audit and Assurance Quality – Senior Manager
- Progress your career in a global company with leading professionals
- Offering a flexible work environment – tell us how BDO can support you
- Grow your skills with BDO's extensive training and resources
- Gain support to grow within you preferred career path
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients seeking Audit, Tax and Advisory services. As one of the world’s leading Audit and Accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes from large corporate organisations to private businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals across an array of industry sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional looking to progress their career with support from BDO.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our Audit and Assurance Quality team.
Your Career in Audit and Assurance Quality
Our Audit and Assurance Quality division of the Audit service line operates across the following areas that enable consistent execution and achievement of quality outcomes on audit and assurance engagements as part of the firm's quality management function:
- Audit and assurance methodologies
- Innovation and technology
- Learning and development
- Monitoring and remediation.
The role offers an opportunity to lead and influence key quality initiatives and activities across the team. You will be joining a dynamic, high-performing team that embraces a culture of continuous improvement with an aim of achieving quality outcomes on a consistent basis.
We offer a highly competitive salary based on level of experience.
BDO’s Audit and Assurance Quality (A&AQ) team supports BDO’s service lines to consistently deliver quality audit and assurance engagements to its clients. A&AQ supports teams in the application of audit and assurance standards and BDO’s methodology, performs monitoring activities to ensure continued compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies, and evaluates and implements risk-mitigation strategies.
A&AQ works closely with other teams to achieve quality outcomes. This includes collaboration with the Innovation Team in designing and implementing innovative and standard-compliant audit tools and solutions, and the Information Systems Auditors, to further support the audit service line. The team works closely with partners and the senior leadership team, supporting and informing strategic priorities. The team also supports staff from across the business by working with them to address complex technical audit and assurance queries, by developing and implementing practical guidance and support materials, and by facilitating continuous learning sessions for teams.
Skills and experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in a large professional services firm
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- A ‘team player’ who brings a proactive approach to work
- Exacting attention to detail and a consistent high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills and being able to problem solve through discussion with partners and senior staff
- In-depth knowledge of technical standards including ASAs, AASBs and APESB Code of Ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of accounting standards (AASB, IFRS)
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing, motivating & developing teams
- Experience in the design and implementation of audit quality initiatives is preferrable.
However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please click ‘Apply’ if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.