Senior Associate - Portfolio Analytics
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. With over $500+ billion in Assets under Administration, the division employs over 1,400 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand, and report Investment risk and performance of client’s portfolios, provide portfolio transparency reporting, derivatives valuation, and other portfolio analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele. We leverage the group’s proprietary web-based applications and work closely with hedge fund clients and other teams within the division.
The Portfolio Analytics team is currently seeking a candidate based in Mumbai who is interested in applying skills in the business area concerning performance and risk attribution for hedge fund portfolios using in-house analytical tools. The candidate is expected to apply business knowledge, process, and people management skills to effectively manage client deliverables. The role will include significant collaboration with teams across the globe, particularly in New York, Hong Kong, and London.
- Take responsibility of various day-to-day functions within the team to ensure timely client deliverables
- Prepare custom client reports that involve risk and performance calculation
- Help in building automation to scale bespoke solutions for clients using VBA coding or IT solutions
- Streamline existing processes by proactively engaging with relevant stakeholders to bring operational efficiency
- Active participation and contribution in building new analytical tools
- Ensure proper process training for new hires and create adequate backups for business continuity
- BE/BTech + MBA(Finance) with 7+ years of experience in financial services. Hedge funds experience along with CFA/FRM certification will be an added advantage
- Hand-on Experience in coding language like Excel-VBA or R is required
- Strong understanding of equities, fixed income, and derivatives products
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving ability
- Self-motivator with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and drive it independently
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.