FAAS Senior Manager, Assurance Services
Senior Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS), Assurance Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time.
As FAAS Senior Manager you will acquire the experience and skill set necessary to become a leader of the future whilst delivering high quality projects. We offer you the opportunity to get acquainted with a large variety of clients, most of them are well established brands with an international reach.
Your key responsibilities
- Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely, responsive, value-added services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations;
- Identify and sell opportunities for Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) and other special services, serve as a trusted business advisor on client matters, and work effectively with varying client personalities and working styles;
- Provide creative solutions to problems, accurately scope out major projects or engagements, and develop practical plans for their completion;
- Enhance engagement economics through value-added billings, effective use of staff mixes, and the implementation of timely billing and collection strategies;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting concepts, creatively apply the knowledge to client situations, and discuss complex accounting issues with engagement team and client management;
- Arrive at appropriate engagement conclusions and recommendations, and consistently make quality decisions in the more complex or judgmental areas after consulting with others, when appropriate;
- Supervise the work of client service team members; provide timely, continual and constructive on-the-job feedback; and conduct timely and meaningful performance reviews;
- Create process flows and documents, workshops and tools;
- Build long-term relationships with our clients to discover their goals, ambitions and unique needs;
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters;
- Stay informed about general economic/corporate developments and their impacts, in order to maintain productive relationships with clients throughout the year.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Graduates from Finance/ Audit/ Economics/ Accounting;
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years prior working experience in the financial accounting advisory or audit/ assurance department in a large accounting firm or the equivalent experience in business/ industry;
- Strong accounting knowledge, particularly in IFRS and local GAAP. Knowledge of US GAAP is an advantage;
- Experience with IFRS transition and adoption;
- Experience in establishment/improvement of financial statements closing and reporting processes;
- Knowledge of auditing techniques is an advantage;
- Affiliate/ member of ACCA/ CPA/ CIMA or any other professional qualification is an advantage;
- Strong project management, analytical and problems solving skills;
- Ability to manage a team of 10+ and demonstrating strong ownership, as well as autonomy;
- Client oriented with excellent communication skills;
- Fluent written and verbal knowledge of Azerbaijani and English languages, Russian is an advantage;
- Understanding of Q&RM procedures;
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements;
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Involvement in appropriate civic, business community and/or professional activities;
- Demonstration of integrity, maturity, dependability, tact, a positive attitude and enthusiasm, sound business judgment, leadership ability, and administrative skill in the performance of responsibilities;
- Cooperation with others in the firm in a manner that recognizes the importance of teamwork in providing professional services.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. We are looking for flexible professionals who can work in shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. You will need the strategic skills and executive presence to give authoritative, realistic advice every time.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, 35 calendar days of vacation, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
The deadline for submission of applications is 22 December 2023.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.