Senior Associate - Tax Compliance (CT1)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
- You will join a team of experts who specialize in Corporate Tax Compliance.
- The team provides clients with advice on various compliance issues including paying and minimizing their tax liabilities.
- Expect to manage your own portfolio of clients. You will undertake the preparation and completion of complex tax computations including reviewing tax computation prepared by your direct reports.
- Agreeing tax liabilities and seeking agreement of tax computations with the tax authorities.
- Deal with client queries in relation to tax implication of business transactions, including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties.
- You will be expected to organize, monitor and manage your own work load.
- Assist in the development of other staff as required, which includes delegation and coaching.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and/or professional qualification
- At least 3 years’ work experience of corporate tax compliance
- A good grounding in corporate tax computations and willing to take on new and challenging work.
- Strong academic background
- Commitment to enhancing technical and other knowledge and skills
- Risk awareness
- Excellent team-working skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational and people skills
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.