Customer Due Diligence Officer
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world-leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration, and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being an alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders, and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets, and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement, and CLO manager services.
The post holder will be focussed on compliance and AML-related tasks in respect of Alter Domus (Guernsey) Limited (“ADG”) and its clients in what is a rapidly developing business. The post holder will report to the Client Compliance Manager in Guernsey.
- Undertaking compliance monitoring in accordance with the compliance monitoring plan to ensure that ADG and its clients remain compliant with all applicable regulatory and AML/CFT requirements.
- Ensuring that client’s and investors’ due diligence is collected to the appropriate standard in order to comply with the GFSC’s AML/CFT Handbook and internal policies and procedures.
- Where files are found to be deficient, liaising with the Business to ensure all outstanding documentation/ information is obtained in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the review control schedules to record any findings from the reviews.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Business in respect of the onboarding of clients and investors into the Fund Entities as required.
- Assisting in maintaining internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting the daily monitoring of the screening system’s output in conducting relevant background searches on clients and other associated parties.
- Providing support and training to the staff of ADG as required in respect of compliance and AML/CFT matters.
- You have a good working knowledge of AML/CDD requirements.
- You have 1 to 2 years of financial services experience, preferably in a Compliance team/AML/CFT KYC/CDD environment but full training will be provided.
- You are ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- You will have a high level of IT literacy with good Excel and Word skills.