Analyst - Mergers and Acquisitions, Deal Advisory, Brisbane
KPMG’s Deal Advisory practice is one of the largest and most successful teams in Australia with a market-leading reputation and an enviable list of completed transactions and projects across a broad range of industries.
We are expanding our Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team in Brisbane with an opportunity for an early career professional (Analyst) to join our local team.
Our team prides itself on providing independent advisory services for private and public market clients across a range of transactions including acquisitions, divestments, mergers, takeovers, and capital raisings.
You will be part of a high-performing team in Brisbane that executes a variety of transactions across multiple industries. You will also collaborate with the national and international KPMG network to deliver cross-border engagements.
You will be an early career professional, ideally having graduated recently with experiences in financial analysis, building financial models, and comfortable with using data in presentations. You will be exploring opportunities to join an advisory environment collaborating with high-profile clients across a range of industries.
Every day our people:
- Work on buy side, sell side, and capital raising mandates across public and private markets.
- Prepare pricing/valuation reports, and build financial models and financial analysis for complex transactions across a variety of sectors.
- Support the execution of transactions and interact with clients, financiers, and legal advisers.
- Draft transaction marketing materials (e.g., board and stakeholder presentations, information flyers, information memoranda).
- Identify issues, generate options, and recommend solutions to clients.
How are you extraordinary?
- You love to analyse and tell stories with information.
- You can prepare high-quality presentations and marketing materials.
- You enjoy working in detail, with a proactive attitude towards accuracy and deadlines.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background, and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and our communities. Your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Recent experience working in an investment bank, corporate advisory firm, private equity, or accounting firm (M&A Advisory).
- Suitable tertiary qualifications and in progress to or have completed relevant post-graduate studies (i.e., CA or CFA)
- An appetite and enthusiasm for corporate finance with a work ethic and a motivation to achieve the best outcomes for clients, KPMG, and yourself.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- A strong team ethic, positive attitude, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure.
Life at KPMG
Find out about career opportunities at KPMG, including our clients & work, international opportunities, corporate citizenship, and culture & diversity.
Life at KPMG - KPMG Australia
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options, and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.