Director – Business Development and Strategic Initiatives
The Job Incumbent will work closely with the Regional Managing Director on strategic initiatives such as Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and work on strategies for organic growth.
As Director for Business Development, the incumbent will actively promote and position IQ-EQ Group’s brand in view of developing and growing new sustainable businesses to enhance the group’s revenue and profitability.
- Support the Regional Managing Director (MD) on strategic organic and in-organic projects aimed at augmenting the growth of the Region.
- To study and advice on emerging market trends and opportunities with respect to the key markets of the Region viz., Mauritius, continental Africa Middle-East, and India
- To manage the negotiations, due diligences, and related activities pertaining to the various strategic projects
- Collaborate with the Group M&A Team and GMT Secretariat in progressing the strategic initiatives for successful completion.
- Position the Group (principally the Company) as a service provider of choice whilst maintaining and developing introducer relationships in view of generating new business opportunities and revenue
- Be the commercial contact person for the IQ-EQ US new business pipeline of BRP, Constellation partners, and others.
- Be actively involved in achieving the Company’s financial targets and generate incremental new business
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop specific collaterals, presentations and publications to support business development initiatives
- Ensure sector awareness and market intelligence to support new product development & promotion (including publishing thought leadership and attending/speaking at industry conferences and seminars)
- Work with the Operations team to analyze/account performance to improve the relationship and profitability (account profitability, scope, revenue trends, competitive analysis, perceived quality, and account mapping)
- Conduct market research, and client and competitor analysis to identify new business opportunities
- Prepare/assist in preparing RFPs, technical and financial proposals for clients as well as presentations, marketing materials, and any other relevant collateral required.
- Develop and build relationships with a network of introducers both locally and overseas in order to increase new business opportunities and revenue.
- Provide support in implementing new sales and business development initiatives in view of identifying new opportunities and seeking referrals from clients. Responsibilities include execution of sales strategies, closing of sales propositions, and meeting sales targets.
- Manage seamless handover to Client Directors and Business Implementation teams to onboard new clients
- Ensure effective cooperation/liaison with key stakeholders across the Company and the Group
- Be constantly abreast of the latest sector/market developments as well as regulatory changes and transfer the knowledge to colleagues.
- Ensure adherence to relevant policy, licenses, regulation & legislation, including cross-border business solicitation awareness & requirements
- Ensure the protection of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU
Key competencies for position and level
- Builds networks
- Drives results
- Business Insight
Key behaviors we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Attention to detail
- Relationship Building
- Taking ownership
Education / professional qualifications
- Minimum a Degree and preferably a Master's in a relevant field (financial services, business, economics, accounting). To have relevant jurisdiction/regulatory understanding and professional qualifications to competently carry out the role.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in a relevant field. Proven experience in business development.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.Company description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group that combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices, and private clients operating worldwide.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.