At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s Global Compliance & Reporting department (GCR) provides a wide range of integrated corporate compliance services assisting clients and their finance functions to comply with local regulations while at the same time focusing on their core business. Our services include amongst others Financial Statements preparation, bookkeeping, payroll, corporate secretarial and administrative support, etc.
As entry level employees, Tax Practice interns are members of multiple client engagement teams. They receive on-the-job training to acquire practical experience in applying professional standards and firm policy and procedures on client engagements.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Become familiar with the types of services that the firm provides
- Continually develop technical accounting, tax, and management skills consistent with the firm’s professional development requirements
- Stay current with developments, practice trends and promulgations in the accounting and tax profession
- Perform various accounting and tax duties as required and instructions of the supervisor
- Review and maintain the accounting and bookkeeping records
- Prepare monthly and annual tax returns under the supervision of the senior team members
- Ensure effective communication and information sharing within the team
Technical skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a financial or economic orientation (preferably in accounting or taxation)
- Strong academic record
- Basic knowledge in Georgian taxes and accounting principles
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Georgian is a must
- Self-motivation and goal orientation
- Computer literacy in using Microsoft Office programs
- Relevant experience will be a plus
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, apply now
Closing date: 10 December, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.