Hedge Fund Core Operations, Officer
Who we are looking for
Responsible for working on a team that performs Shared Services on behalf of our clients. Functions performed could include trade capture, security master modeling, client onboarding, client query resolution, and security valuations. The candidate will work across all Shared Service remits supporting the wider AIS Middle Office team.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Why the role is important
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration, and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors
What you will be responsible for
As an Officer, you will:
- Manage day-to-day tasks and ensure client deliverables are completed and accurate.
- Liaise with clients regarding ad hoc issues, and establish and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and various SST service teams.
- Coordinate system enhancements or new requirements on behalf of the team. Responsible for the coordination of system testing and sign-off.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders in managing strategic projects that bring cohesive end-to-end solutions to our clients. Strategically look to customize our service offering in a way that optimizes the proposed operating model.
- Supporting the Shared Services team lead in their role. Ensure lead is kept up to date with relevant issues, escalating problems to the manager as they arise.
- Involved in new client take-on, initialization of funds, new team building, etc.
- People management – Interviewing, perform staff appraisals; address any staff performance issues, etc.
- Work alongside staff in Offshore locations (Poland/India/China).
- Manage training needs of team, ensure training gaps are identified and addressed.
What we value
- In-depth knowledge of some/all of the following products: Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc)
- Experience interfacing with security valuation agents like Markit PV, BVAL, ICE Data, JPM Pricing Direct
- Knowledge of trade order flow, security life-cycle events (settlements, corporate actions), SWIFT messaging and cash wire processing required
- IT Literate – VBA experience a plus
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication skills
- Experience with Advent Geneva Platform advantageous
- Experience working in a virtual team environment
Education and Experience
- Degree in Finance or Business related area
- At least 3 years of middle office/operations experience preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live, and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. Our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$60,000 - $90,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.