The ARC Analyst is accountable to resolve issues as and when necessary, deliver finance group reporting activities for the entities assigned, and support the timely delivery of accurate statutory accounts and tax analyses while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional business partnering, operational excellence and compliance.
- Accountable for smaller entities and has a good understanding of the nature of the business and the economic environment in order to execute activities effectively.
- Coordinate prompt and accurate recording of financial transactions (e.g. ledger entries, journal postings, fixed asset postings etc.) in line with relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate statutory accounts and tax analyses liaising with the Statutory Tax teams and internal / external auditors as & when required.
- Monitor smaller volumes of open and overdue items and follow-up accordingly with the appropriate for clearance.
- Review less complex reports generated to validate data and provide constructive input while ensuring submission on a timely manner.
- Resolve or further escalate any complex issues faced.
- Support preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Partner businesses in procuring a good understanding of the general ledger and group reporting.
- Liaise with other GBS internal teams on cross centre activities.
- Liaise with stakeholders internally and externally as and when necessary.
- Liaise closely with fellow team members.
- Participate in projects that are related to work scope.
Essential Education & Experience
- Recognised / pursuing professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in general and/or financial accounting.
- Ability to coincide with US/UK hours.
- English language competency.
- SAP system experience.
Why join us?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life! These benefits can include flexible working options, paid parental leave policy among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Skills:Financial Accounting, SAP Financial System
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.