2024 Private Business Tax & Advisory Graduate Opportunity - Brisbane
A career without compromise starts here.
At Grant Thornton, we see the world a little differently - not for how things are, but for how they could be. And when it comes to people, we see you differently too – with near limitless potential to unlock and harness.
Every day we seek to reach for remarkable - in the opportunities we unlock, the experience we share and the results we deliver. But unleashing the remarkable in each of us takes CARE, and that connects our passion with the purpose we live by. It’s why we go beyond in the way we care for our people, clients and communities, and support them to thrive, always.
A graduate program with a difference
Life's too short for a cookie-cutter career that treats you like another cog in the machine. So from the get-go, we will look to challenge your curiosity and fuel your passions, empowering you to build a one-of-a-kind career path.
More than that, as leaders in accounting, tax and advisory services, we're committed to setting you up for success through our remarkable support network within a globally integrated firm filled with possibilities.
What we offer you:
- Remarkable support – grow your technical knowledge and business acumen through a structured learning and development program; financial and study leave support to help you undertake your CA qualification; a dedicated coaching Manager and Partner to help you thrive in your career journey.
- Remarkable exposure – work alongside leading Partners and specialists across a broad range of industries and experiences, develop strong relationships with your clients, participate in national and international secondment opportunities as they arise.
- Remarkable impact – make a meaningful difference in a way that feels personal to you through a range of social, environmental and sustainability initiatives, committees and networks.
- Remarkable perks – including a 9 day fortnight (currently trialling); flexible working arrangements; a complimentary health club & gym membership; social events and clubs; well-being mental health support; paid volunteering leave.
Private businesses are the engine room of the Australian economy. They cover all sectors, employ millions of people and are key to Australia’s reputation for stable, quality goods and services both domestically and internationally.
Our Private Business Tax & Advisory team helps its private clients make the right decisions for their business, their family and for themselves with advice that is holistic, practical and commercial.
We help mid-sized businesses and family groups manage the complexity of their taxation and financial reporting, and then look forward to the big picture – growing their business, growing their wealth and planning for their future via succession or business sale. Our passion for understanding our clients’ businesses goes beyond addressing technical issues to developing actionable growth recommendations.
Joining the Private Business Tax & Advisory team as a graduate will see you:
- work closely with your clients to understand their business operations, structure, objectives and future plans
- develop a strong foundation in your technical knowledge by working on a range of accounting and tax compliance matters
- preparing financial statements and tax returns
- liaising with the ATO on behalf of your clients
- compiling information and supporting the preparation of workpapers
- providing support to the broader team on advisory engagements.
Our Private Business Tax & Advisory team is best suited to students majoring in Accounting and/or Tax.
To be eligible for our 2024 graduate opportunities, you must be:
- on track to complete your studies by the end of 2023; or have completed a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last two years; and
- an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Australia or a visa-holder (subject to some conditions).
International students and graduates
We welcome applications from international students who are studying at an Australian tertiary institution To be eligible to apply, you will need to demonstrate that you have full time working rights within Australia at the time of your application. We recommend you review our international student and graduate eligibility information prior to starting your application.
Please note: Grant Thornton Australia will not sponsor students or graduates for the purposes of residency. Successful candidates will be required, as a condition of their employment, to maintain a current visa or where relevant, to independently apply for and obtain permanent residency.
Need additional support?
We are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible for anyone who wishes to apply. Should you require any adaptations to the recruitment process or need any additional support from us to help you perform at your best, please reach out to our Early Careers team on 03 8663 6436 or email@example.com to discuss your application and your individual circumstances.