Senior Consultant, Digital Finance (Vietnamese)
KPMG is a global network of independent member firms offering Audit, Tax, Legal, Advisory and Consulting services. The firms work closely with clients, helping them to mitigate risks and grasp opportunities.
In Vietnam & Cambodia, KPMG is one of the largest professional firms with offices in Ho Chi Minh city, Hanoi, Danang and PhnomPenh. Established since 1994, we have more than 25 years of experience with more than 2,000 professionals.
We lead with a commitment to quality and consistency across our global network, bringing a passion for client success and a purpose to serve and improve the communities in which member firms operate. In a world where rapid change and unprecedented disruption are the new normal, we Inspire Confidence and Empower Change in all we do.
Service line background
KPMG Consulting – Finance Management Team assists our clients in aligning finance and accounting (F&A) function activities with business strategy, making more informed decisions and staying on top of regulatory requirements. Our objective is helping client to maximize the F&A’s performance and increase its value to the business, KPMG provide a range of financial management services under our three service networks — efficient finance operations, effective decision support, and finance strategy & transformation.
Within the Financial Management area we are looking to build on our success to pursue further opportunities with our existing clients and attracting new clients.
We assist our clients in strengthening their finance operations by improving transparency, information integrity, and controls to help build and maintain stakeholder trust. We also support their efforts to apply the finance discipline to increase profitability and lower costs. Our financial management services address a number of priorities within business and we are therefore looking at people who have worked and have experience in the following areas:
– Finance transformation
– Financial and management reporting
– Finance operations effectiveness
– Financial planning and analysis improvement
– Cost optimization and value creation
Joining our team, you will have the opportunity to get in-depth exposure to variety of financial aspects through working with our experts, joining client projects in diverse industries, internal training, e-learnings, sponsored specialized course and many valuable opportunities to develop your knowledge, experience and skillsets.
As part of the Finance Management, you will be providing specialized consulting services in financial management areas, to clients across different industries, including:
– Understand our service offerings, including key solutions such as Finance Transformation, Financial planning and analysis improvement, Standard operating procedures etc. through active participation in projects and training sessions
– Work in a team to understand client’s business, operation and their Finance & Accounting (F&A) function
– Lead in client interviews, examine figures to understand their current financial condition, management status, process operated to analyze, identify client needs and propose suitable services as well as solutions
– Understand client’s needs and create proposals for potential clients related to our Financial management services
– Conduct mandatory project tasks allocated, commit to the proposed time schedule, able to manage multiple client projects and guide staffs in detail to perform working papers
– Under task requirements, research, brainstorm and coordinate with other team members including senior and junior ones, and other line of service teams to deliver the best quality services to client
– Analyze collected information to identify improvement areas and propose the most suitable solutions in detail
– Produce deliverables and communicating to clients what the figures mean, conduct training for client if needed
– Act as a point of contact/PMO between KPMG and client’s project teams to monitor project timeline and quality on a periodic basis, escalate any significant matters if needed
– Other tasks assigned.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for individuals who have a strong desire to develop their career and abilities within a rapidly developing area of the firm with experience and skills (not limited to):
– Leadership, management and project delivery.
– Sound working knowledge of financial management, business processes and business operations.
– Familiar with the operations and features of financial management systems such as Oracle ERP, SAP, Microsoft or other ERP solutions.
– Good at using the data analytical tools such as Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or other platforms.
– Manage, direct and delegate effectively to project team members in the delivery of projects for our clients.
– Pride in their work and the quality of their work.
– Keep abreast of current trends and ongoing development of technical skills.
– Bachelor's degree in the area of Business Administration, Finance, Financial Accounting or related disciplines is essential
– Project management qualifications and skills is highly desirable
– ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CFA or MBA professional qualifications will be an advantage
– A minimum of 3 - 4 years working experience in a similar role.
– Demonstrable knowledge in one or more of the following areas: financial management, business effectiveness, and corporate governance
– A team leader who is proactive and who has a service-oriented mindset
– Experience working with senior management in project/scope management, reporting on project status, issue escalation and risk management
– Demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes of accounting, sales, distribution and/or manufacturing functions
– Experience of using ERP, Finance Management systems or data analytics platform is preferred.
– Candidates having working experience as a data analyst, Business intelligence analyst are preferable (or at least having experience and knowledges in BI tools: Power Query, Power BI/Tableau and common databases: MySQL…)
– Analytical and creative thinking
– Excellent command of spoken and written English and Vietnamese
– Willing to travel as and when required
– Preference given to candidates with previous experience in Big 4 firms, financial services/banking, multinational manufacturing sector or advisory/consulting/audit
– International working experience will be an advantage.