As an Assistant Accountant you will be given the opportunity to work closely with the FC and the CEO.
What that means on a day to day basis is interacting with various departments across the company to ensure all processes are understood and supported.
The client is based close to Caerphilly and is easily accessible by car and public transport. The client provides essential services across the UK
As a Assistant Accountant you would be involved in:
- Coordinate daily sales billing, ensuring any daily cash targets are met.
- Ensure timely completion of sales billing inline with targets provided.
- Analysis of operational data in support of HOF/Divisional CEO.
- Support the finance department and management team.
- Assist with Management and planning of daily cash, ensuring no breach of covenants.
- Assist with the month end management accounts process (accruals, prepayments production of P&L's etc) for three legal entities.
- Monthly revenue reports and graphs.
- Assist management with balance sheet reconciliations. Investigate and rectify any discrepancies.
- Monthly/weekly payroll.
- Manage PAYE/NIC (P32, tax notices from HMRC etc)
- Processing of employee expenses, ensuring correct authorisation levels are adhered to.
- Provide cover for weekly dashboards when required.
- Ad-hoc tasks in support of Financial controller/HOF when required.
- Assist management with any internal/external audits.
- Laise with credit controller and accounts payable to ensure that contras are completed on a timely basis.
- Reconciliation of inter company accounts and investigation of any discrepancies.
- Assist with the preparation of supplier payment runs, in accordance with cash availability.
- First point of escalation for supplier issues.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
Experience of management and financial accounting and reporting
Experience of working in a busy environment, providing accounting/reporting services to tight deadlines
Worked independently to prepare monthly reports and analysis
- Competent using ERP systems such as Oracle/SAP
The successful candidate for the Assistant Accountant role:
- Be Based in Blackwood
- Receive £30,000 -£35,000 Per annum
- Generous Holiday and Pension