Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Fulwood, Preston
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5, Monday-Friday
We are always looking for great talent to join our team and help achieve our ambitious goals and growth. We care about our people, and we care about the future of eye health and how CHEC can play an innovative part in making this great, with your help.
If you're dynamic, focused have the vision to support our growth and the courage to tell us how we can be even better - come and join us! We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join us as we continue to expand throughout the UK.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has come up to join our Finance team as we embark onto our next stage of continued growth. The Finance Manager will partner with managers and hospitals within CHEC and play a crucial role in financial management and decision making processes.
The successful candidate will support senior management make informed decisions by providing accurate financial insights, and ensuring the company's financial health and compliance with relevant regulations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to make changes and improve our ways of working, developing people and raising the bar in performance. You will also gain exposure inside a private equity owned business that is on a high growth strategy.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Manage a small team of Management Accountants
- Prepare and analyse monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Create consolidated financial statements for review by senior management.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Analyse expenditure and costs to identify areas for optimisation.
- Collaborate with department budget holders to develop annual budgets and financial forecasts to ensure budgets are delivered in line with financial targets set.
- Monitor budget performance and provide variance analysis and make recommendations for cost-saving opportunities.
- Build financial models to support strategic planning and decision-making, including partnering with department heads to educate and support.
- Conduct sensitivity analysis and scenario planning to assess potential risks and opportunities.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Previous line management responsibility
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation is advantageous
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly proficient on Microsoft office and other systems
- The ability to learn and adapt to new internal systems
- Self-motivated starter with the ability to prioritise and schedule work independently.
Why work for us?
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company pension
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Bluelight Card- 100’s of discount and cashback options
- Performance review with a training and development plan
- Great team and working environment
Community Health and Eyecare are an independent service provider that specialise in Ophthalmology and Endoscopy services supporting the NHS. CHEC are an established group of hospitals and community clinics across the UK. Our bespoke state of the art surgical centres are a beacon of envy, providing end-to-end care for our patients through NHS partnerships.
We have 5 core values that we uphold through our employee and patient lifecycle to ensure a pleasant experience for all. These are Caring, Passionate, Togetherness, Listening and Focus, something that all our colleagues are expected to naturally uphold here at CHEC.