Procurement Category Manager
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
Procurement sits within centralised Finance Function, where the team is responsible for the development of procurement processes, procedures, Procurement strategy development, implementation/administration of procurement activities, optimization of procurement spend via category management, as well as support for travel management and spend.
The Procurement Lead reports into the Category Management Procurement Team Lead and is responsible for supporting the optimization of all categories of spend The team is the primary point of contact for cost review, optimization analysis, tendering, contract review and negotiation with key suppliers across all spend categories.
- Follow procurement strategy set by team leadership, focusing on high opportunity areas of spend, and identifying challenging procurement spend savings across the business
- Manage own categories of spend, defining category strategies, working to optimize the contract terms, costing and quality of services delivered.
- Reviewing supplier performance and benchmarking across the region.
- Supports tendering processes for own spend categories, including creation of scopes of work, technical and commercial evaluation, recommendation and facilitation of sign off with key stakeholders
- Reviews contract terms and recommends amendments that support the position of / benefits PwC, particularly strategies for financial negotiations for all significant areas of spend, with aim of achieving year on year reductions in like for like spend
- Personally embody company culture of long-term saving on procurement costs, drive ethos of regionalization / centralization of procurement spend and contracts e.g.
- Regional Frame agreements
- Log savings achieved across the procurement categories
- Ensure accurate capture of procurement data to feed into Finance Systems e.g. LPOs etc, ensuring meaningful and accurate data is collected, reconciled and managed appropriately
- Build internal customer relationships for own category of spend, with key function leads and build collaborative relationships with common goal of optimising functional procurement budgets
- Support development of external supplier relationships with key partners in the markets for own category of spend
- Responsible for day to day support of functional procurement activities, including tendering, contract award, negotiations etc
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries once contracts awarded
- Provides ongoing contract management support to those teams who may need additional support
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction with Procurement services
- Support internal procurement projects and initiatives with any available capacity
- Work with business partners to ensure understanding of customer needs and implementation options in order to provide guidance in the delivery of efficient procurement processes and tools in the region.
- Escalate any issues to Team Lead for resolution
- Support design and implementation of any new opportunities/improvements within category management team
- Support risk management and mitigation approach identification, as well as execution for supply contracts and agreements
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Manage and execute reporting and analysis as required
Learning & Growth
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database
- Ensures adherence to policies and procedures
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 5+ years of experience in a procurement function
- Experience in managing sourcing efforts related to the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
- Experience in procurement in a large organization
- Experience within the Middle East is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Procurement principles
- Knowledge of implementing cost improvements
- Knowledge of travel/tourism industry and ability to negotiate procurement travel contract terms
- Knowledge of the tender evaluation process
- Ability to adhere to and implement corporate procurement policies
- Negotiation skills and assertiveness in dealing with external vendors
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions
- Strong customer service orientation
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.