Assurance - Insurance Manager - Dublin
DescriptionOur collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & SummaryWhy join our team and work in Banking, Insurance, and Aviation Finance?
By choosing a career with PwC - BIA you will join a team of over 200 specialist professionals, in a business that is rapidly growing, with huge potential for professional advancement.
You will work with some of the leading companies in these industries and be part of a talented and experienced PwC team. Our Banking, Insurance, and aviation Finance practices have developed strong teams of individuals with the core competencies necessary to advise clients on complex technical issues in a highly regulated and rapidly changing environment.
We audit 2 of the 5 licensed domestic retail banks, 6 of the top 9 life assurance companies, 4 of the top 10 non-life insurance companies, and the largest global owner/lessor of commercial aircraft in Ireland. The Banking and insurance industries face huge challenges from changing regulation and reporting requirements. Our core audit teams work alongside highly skilled specialists including Treasury, Actuarial, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Aviation Finance, Pensions, and Regulatory teams. We have also established ourselves as the leading Irish firm providing services to support many of the Aviation Finance companies that make Ireland Europe's leading aircraft leasing location. More than 50% of the world’s commercial aircraft are owned by Irish companies
Our Banking, Insurance, and aviation Finance client base provides great opportunities to work on interesting and topical areas to develop your understanding of the key issues facing these industries. This broad base provides our people with varied and rewarding career opportunities. Most of our clients are based in Dublin, typically near the city center or within the IFSC.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing, preferably obtained in a "Top 10” environment;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or similar qualification) with at least 5 year post qualification
- Strong technical knowledge;
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
- Capable of working on your own initiative;
- Ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
At PwC we help our people to learn, discover, develop, and make a difference all the way through their working lives. Opportunities exists in our Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance group.
In Assurance we have over 1,300 professionals divided into these market groups:
- Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance (BIA)
- Asset & Wealth Management (A&WM)
- Domestic International Outbound (DIO) and foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Risk Assurance Solutions (RAS)
You’ll be part of the largest and most innovative audit practice in Ireland with the broadest range of clients and industries.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing/challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for the management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands-on training and coaching
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PWC's perks
We reward your impact, and support your well-being, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits, and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. ( https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do every day. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive Workplace Elevate Pledge. ( https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups, and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please email us for more information.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.