Head of Compliance, Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to be a key member of the Compliance organization based in Dublin, Ireland. Successful candidate possess minimum of 10 years’ experience within Financial Services with special focus on compliance, risk or internal control teams. You will be responsible for managing the Compliance team and report to the CEO of State Street Custodial Services Ireland Limited (SSCSIL), and State Street UKMEA Head of Compliance. This role is a Preapproved Controlled Function (“PCF”) under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Regime (PCF12). This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Compliance, Vice President, you will
- Manage the Compliance team and report to the CEO of State Street Custodial Services (Ireland) Limited, and State Street UKMEA Head of Compliance
- Provide advice, guidance and challenge on all Compliance related matters that arise in SSCSIL identifying, assessing and implementing regulatory changes
- Own the SSCSIL Compliance Risk Assessment programme which is tasked with assessing the Inherent Risk of the firm’s regulatory requirements; evaluating the Business Line controls and determining the Residual Risk
- Provide the Compliance Risk Opinion, presenting to the Board and Risk Committee on a quarterly basis
- Oversee a risk-based testing programme tasked with assessing compliance with SSCSIL’s regulatory requirements
- Act as Senior Liaison officer with the Central Bank of Ireland, maintaining a strong and positive relationship
- Be a member of various committees and working groups within the firm, representing Compliance
- Oversee Second Line of Defense of the depositary and custodial operations
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to operate in a matrix organization, build relationships across business lines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to various situations and audiences
- Excellent leadership and organization skills
- Ability to present to Boards and Senior stakeholders, maintaining an Independent position within the business
- Ability to manage a team and develop their career paths
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Financial Services with special focus on compliance, risk or internal control teams
- Proven track record of developing and implementing Compliance policies and undertaking monitoring of same
- Knowledge of Compliance regulation in Ireland and Europe
- Ability to understand and interpret regulations, regulatory guidance and apply such in a practical manner in an operational environment
- Experience of the funds industry – knowledge of fund accounting operations, global operating models, outsourcing guidelines, Corporate Governance and Board Governance, Business Controls, Policies and Procedures, Board reporting and Regulatory Lead interaction
- Experience in a Pre-approved Control Function (“PCF”) role in a compliance, risk or internal controls role is beneficial
- Experience in a Compliance role re Depositary/Custody services
- Third level qualification, with a Diploma in Compliance (or similar) beneficial
- Engaging with the Outsourcing Oversight Team
- Preparing and presenting executive committee and board reports on the Compliance Risk Opinion of the firm
- Facilitating regulatory meetings and inspections relating to the needs of Regulatory inspections
- Engaging regional and global stakeholders on regulatory matters to build relationships and acquire knowledge and best practice
- Participate in industry forums to build knowledge and connections to peers in Ireland
- This role is a Preapproved Controlled Function (“PCF”) under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Regime (PCF 12). Accordingly, the firm must be satisfied on reasonable grounds that the role holder complies at all times with the Fitness and Probity Standards
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the role
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.