Capital Markets - Experienced Professional
Join our continuously growing team, which employs over 2.200 professionals in Greece, and is listed in Greece's Top Employers for 2023! Experience great flexibility, under our hybrid operating model across our offices in Athens, Patras, and Thessaloniki, while benefiting from personalized learning and career development opportunities. We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion, fostering an environment where everyone's unique perspectives are valued, that supports you in building an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are currently seeking professionals to strengthen our Capital Markets team based in Athens, Greece. Our Capital Markets team consists of a group of experts who work towards supporting our clients with their transformational and capital-raising strategies, including initial public offerings (IPOs), and their ongoing reporting. This involves among others, the preparation of high-quality financial statements, complying with new and more complex accounting standards, and meeting the demands of regulators who demonstrate a heightened interest in corporate reporting and transparency. At the same time, the increasing need for dealing with complex financial reporting issues and interpreting technical requirements is high on the agenda of our profession but also of big corporate and financial institutions.
We are looking for ambitious, proactive, and self-starter professionals at experienced Senior ranks to drive the growth of our team. This is a high-profile role working with some of the world's largest companies and offers an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to the dynamic world of international capital markets.
You will be building strong relationships with our audit teams, clients, and their advisors, working collaboratively to achieve their goals and demonstrate your ability to deliver high-quality service. You will have a great opportunity to expand your technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge and skills, act as the IFRS and/or US GAAP specialist, and work collaboratively with audit and advisory teams on different projects across industries, including on complex business transactions like IPO and debt raising.
Whilst our team is based in Athens, we work cross-border with clients and teams from multiple jurisdictions around the world, both in Europe and the US and increasingly in emerging markets. Our team is very diverse representing a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients and be given all the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients, and our communities. Your work will be recognized and rewarded, and a solid career will lie ahead of you. Sounds interesting?
Your key responsibilities
As a Capital Markets professional, you will work on various engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. You will become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire sectors by:
- Supporting our clients and audit team with the ongoing reporting requirements and capital-raising strategies while gaining an in-depth understanding of how companies raise capital
- Being involved in a variety of transactions (for audit and non-audit clients) across EMEIA, emerging markets, and globally
- Supporting our audit teams with complex audit and accounting (IFRS / US GAAP) issues
- Acting as an expert regarding IFRS and/or US GAAP-related matters (transactions or audits)
- Networking within EY’s Global and Regional Capital Markets network, sharing experiences/best practices, and providing insights
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Participating in the Firm’s external and internal corporate reporting events – acting as brand ambassador
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrating a positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management and leadership skills, and a high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Fostering an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Building strong relationships with clients and their advisors, working collaboratively to achieve their goals
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and accuracy along with a strong appetite for development
- Embracing technology to continually enhance service delivery
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and deal with ambiguity in a time-sensitive environment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor's and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or other appropriate academic major
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CFA, CPA, SOEL)
- At least 4 years of relevant Audit working experience with a proven track record of outstanding performance
- Good general IFRS and/or US GAAP knowledge, strong technical skills, ability to research technical issues (IFRS / US GAAP) and provide solutions in accordance with the relevant accounting standards
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality and accuracy
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally, you will also have
- Prior working experience in one of the big audit firms
- Audit experience with listed companies
- Knowledge from working on a capital markets transaction, IPO, and/or debt-raising
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package: You’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Depending on your experience, our comprehensive rewards package includes benefits that suit your needs including cutting-edge technological equipment, ticket restaurant vouchers, a private health insurance scheme, life insurance, and an exclusive EY benefits club that provides a wide range of discounts, offers, and promotions.
- Flexible working arrangements: We operate under a hybrid working model (a blend of home/office working), which is defined based on both your own preferences and the team’s needs.
- Personalized learning experience and career development: We provide free and unlimited access to educational platforms and EY Badges, support certifications, and coaching and feedback, as a part of our Leadership and development process, all of which can lead to a meaningful impact and success as defined by you.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching, and confidence to become a leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: We support an inclusive culture by acknowledging the unique experiences and perspectives each individual brings to the table, with our team representing a number of different backgrounds and cultures.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.