Manager - Tax Policy, Technical & Research
Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career in supporting our tax business in delivering distinctive, holistic and high-quality tax services which are underpinned by deep technical expertise.You will be part of a team that is at the forefront of providing tax technical solutions within Tax services. As a manager, your focus will include:
- Analyse developments and changes to tax policy, laws and regulations
- Draft internal and external technical communications and newsletters
- Draft thought leadership articles and update PwC publications
- Provide technical support & research
- Attend to internal enquiries on technical issues
- Assist with preparation for internal technical forums and discussions
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Law or professional accounting/taxation qualification
- A minimum of 6 years of tax-related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?NoFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.