Internship Tax Regulatory Compliance (m/f/d)
PwC Luxembourg is hiring an Intern Tax Regulatory Compliance (m/f/d) . What if it was you?
Who we are: We are the largest professional services firm in Luxembourg, providing audit, tax and advisory services to a wide variety of clients. To make it happen, we count on the expertise of over 3,700 people from more than 94 different countries, who strive every day to reach excellence and team up to solve important problems through innovative solutions. We value diverse and singular career paths, embrace everyone's unique self and encourage our People to fuel their potential in a work environment that is inclusive, stimulating, and motivating.
Your mission, if you accept it: As part of the expansion of our Tax department, we are currently looking for trainees in tax regulatory compliance for our Financial Services industry department, dealing notably with:
- FATCA: The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act obliges Financial Institutions to file yearly reports on financial accounts maintained for US persons;
- CRS: The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) allows automatic exchange of financial account information between participating jurisdictions worldwide;
- QI: A Qualified Intermediary commits to the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to identifying and documenting clients and instructing custodians to levy the appropriate withholding tax.
Be a part of our team where you will:
- Support international financial institutions (banks, insurance, funds) to put in place procedures to help them identify their clients concerned by regulations such as FATCA, CRS or QI;
- Assist our professionals to audit financial institutions in the implementation of the regulations, participate in testing;
- Have a consulting function and advise on the processes of the financial institutions relating to FATCA/CRS/QI;
- Give opinions on how to improve the latter (e.g.: guide the clients in calibrating their IT systems, deploying the adequate documentation, process, etc.);
- Help to implement the proposed solutions and accompany the clients in implementing them;
- Analyse the compliance of financial institutions (due diligence) and make sure that they collect the right information on their clients;
- Participate in the production of reporting that the financial institutions are obliged to deliver to the Luxembourgish fiscal administration;
- Liaise with the Luxembourgish fiscal administration;
- Have the opportunity to work in close cooperation with different departments within our company such as our advisory department (global projects including project management), help on audit reports on FATCA, support our internal audit and AML team.
Let’s talk about you. If you are/have:
- A Master's degree in economics or law, with a specialization in taxation (please mention the topic of your master thesis in your application and the main modules/ subjects you took in your studies);
- To complete an end of studies internship with a minimum of 3 months;
- A strong interest in FATCA/CRS/QI, compliance and consulting. A first internship or a thesis on FATCA/CRS would be considered as a strong asset;
- An excellent command of Microsoft Office, a good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a plus;
- Fluent in English and French, our two working languages;
- Flexible, curious, highly motivated and client-oriented.
Moreover, our recruitment process is short and simple:
- A phone conversation with a Talent Acquisition Specialist to assess your motivation
- A technical interview with a business recruiter
A final word about us: At PwC, we believe diversity is the representation of all the characteristics that make us both alike and unique. Our backgrounds, cultures, nationalities, lifestyles, identities, opinions and beliefs, approaches to solving problems, ways of working, and views of personal and professional success, all add value to the services we deliver to our clients. Our objective is to nurture an inclusive environment where a diversity mindset is ingrained, and inclusion is the norm. We constantly focus on respecting and valuing individual differences.
Ready to grow your potential, reaching excellence together? Apply to the position now!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.