Accounting and Advisory Partner
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated Partner to join our expanding Accounting and Advisory team in our new Cheltenham office.
We’ve got ambitious plans to double the size of our business over the next few years. And having just expanded into the Cheltenham market we’re now seeking to grow our Accounting and Advisory team in line with our growth plans.
This position will enable you to play a significant role in the development of this service line across the Cheltenham and Gloucestershire markets and help us to achieve our ambitious growth strategy.
Leading an already strong team, you will promote best practice to deliver proactive relationship-led advisory services to our corporate clients.
Within this role, you will be encouraged to identify potential improvements and contribute ideas that will not only help shape the future strategy of our Cheltenham and Gloucestershire Business Unit but also our Accounting and Advisory service line firmwide.
You will need to be a strategic thinker and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of developing new business opportunities through the leveraging of your network.
We are open to receiving applications from individuals currently working within the industry who are keen to return to a practice environment.
Working closely with our Partners, you will look to grow the portfolio of clients and will seek to improve the overall client service delivery and experience.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Leading our Cheltenham team – this will include recruiting additional team members, coaching our people so that they can reach their potential, and succession planning
- Building strong relationships with our owner-managed business clients and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Monitoring developments in the accounting marketplace to help retain competitiveness and efficiency of service provision
- Playing a pivotal role in Business Development activities and looking to build/retain a good network of local contacts to aid service line growth
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within a business services environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks of clients, people, and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee well-being app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact David Butler; Partner or Roger Pimblett; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part-time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies, and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity, and inclusion at every level.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.