Director of Corporate Insurance
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Director of Corporate Insurance
We are looking for a dynamic, organized, and strategic self-starter to lead our end-to-end global insurance portfolio. You will be accountable for identifying, measuring and analyzing risk/insurance problems and defining and implementing risk solutions to reduce exposure for EG.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for understanding and analyzing complex insurance issues and developing and executing appropriate policies and procedures to mitigate the Company’s exposure to risk and to reduce cost
- Lead the renewals of all lines of insurance
- Lead the implementation and management of the captive insurance company
- Provide expert level assistance to business divisions in contract reviews and negotiations of insurance and indemnity provisions to minimize the company’s exposure to risk
- Effectively communicate the vision, strategies, methods, and techniques needed to develop and deliver insurance programs
- Support the team and strategically nurture relationships with key decision-makers by helping them successfully navigate through critical business changes and address complex issues in their businesses
- Continually review the company risk profile to ensure the insurance programs are fit for purpose
- Manage global external relationships with service providers including Brokers, Insurers, Claim Handlers and Loss Adjusters
- Promote a “one-team” mentality that encourages ownership and collaboration
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field; or equivalent related professional experience
- 8+ years in managing insurance programs
- You have high-level of integrity, self-confidence, and a growth mindset with agility in responding to new business challenges balanced with compliance focus
- You are a data driven, change agent and have proven skills to build and lead impact cross-functional teams, value diverse perspectives and deliver business results
- You take pride in your analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- You are self-driven, detail oriented, and possess strong organizational skills, including time-management and prioritization
- You have direct experience in the negotiation and administration of multi-line property and casualty insurance renewals
- You have the ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to our goals of inclusion
- You are passionate about making a difference and leading change through process improvements and automation
- Expert knowledge on insurance products and markets
- Insurance license and professional designations
- Underwriting experience
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $196,000.00 to $274,500.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $313,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.