Audit Senior (Term-Time Hours)
About the role
Are you looking to grow and develop in a role whilst working flexibly? We're offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Audit Senior to join one of our teams in Kent on a term-time-only permanent contract (typical contract of 39 weeks).
We're looking for a qualified accountant who enjoys audit, is fascinated about business, full of curiosity, with a positive attitude to join our growing Audit and Corporate team. As an Audit Senior in Kent, your office base can be either Chatham or Canterbury - plus we offer hybrid working which involves working 3 days in the office, and 2 from home. Our clients are based all over Kent, Sussex and London and you will have plenty of opportunities to get involved with a mix of clients and sectors including not for profit in our ever expanding Audit and Corporate team.
Your role primarily will be to lead a team of Auditors and to manage audits from planning to completion for a range of our clients. You will also have exposure to compiling accounts as well as corporate tax returns. You will be responsible for leading and training Audit Juniors and reviewing their work. You will also assist the managers and partners with running their portfolios.
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy. By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring, and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, holiday buying (up to 5 days), agile working
- Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), discount shopping, Fabyouless
- Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield hospital treatment insurance, critical illness insurance, BMI health assessment, GymFlex, annual flu jab
- Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary life assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, 50% income protection for 5 years, options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- CSR – Give as you earn, 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – Cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, interest-free season ticket loan (London only), interest-free car or motorbike loan
- Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
- Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, paid professional subscriptions
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several family friendly policies, offer childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers…Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified - we place high value on what our people care about and recognise the important role we have as a business to create long-lasting positive change, using business as a force for good. Our environmental, social and governance programme is aligned to four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing,’ 'Quality education,’ 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action.’
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application. Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included, and valued.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.