Who we are looking for
Report to the Hangzhou, China Financial Controller, by leading production and submission of Legal Entity statutory, regulatory, and tax reporting to the local governing authorities. Strong accounting knowledge in local and US GAAP as well as banking operations and other financial regulations are expected.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As part of the Controllership team, you will:
- Manage full spectrum of regulatory, statutory, and tax reporting.
- Handle annual audit independently with external auditors.
- Participate in assigned Finance project such as system implementation and process improvement.
- Monitor local regulatory, business and other developments or changes which will directly and indirectly impact the regulatory and statutory reporting.
- Coordinate and manage external and internal audits, inspections and inquiries.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Prior knowledge and experience of accounting and financial reporting.
- Able to work closely with internal senior stakeholders including business leads or control function representatives.
- Able to offer flexibility whilst ensuring governance with local practice.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadline.
- Well-balanced and reasonable person as senior staff member within the team.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University education– accounting major preferred.
- Senior accountant with at least 10-year experience in financial accounting, audit and accounts preparation. CPA or other qualification preferred.
- Good understanding and experience of banking business.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.