Accounts Payable Accountant
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
The Accounts payable accountant is responsible for accurately processing invoices, maintaining vendor records, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any invoice processing queries.
This position requires a high level of accuracy, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Process invoices and accounts payable reports accurately and efficiently, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Verify the accuracy of invoice information, vendor details, purchase orders, and all billing details.
- Perform three-way matching of invoices, purchase orders, and receiving documents to ensure proper authorization and receipt of goods or services.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies or issues related to invoices, purchase orders, and collaborating with internal departments and external vendors.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing activities, including accruals.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders by responding promptly and professionally to inquiries related to accounts payable.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and changes in accounts payable regulations to ensure compliance and recommend process improvements when necessary.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and initiatives as assigned by the Finance Manager or Controller.