Sr. Financial Analyst
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Sr. Financial Analyst
Expedia Business Solutions (EBS) is the fast-growing B2B partnership business of Expedia Group. We give our partners access to travel inventory and technology to reach new markets and better serve their customers. We are a global business, working with partners who serve all types of travelers – from airlines, to online travel agencies, to corporate travel management companies and more. The market opportunity is huge, and at EBS we believe that innovation and a great team culture are key to continuing to grow our business and delight our partners.
The EBS Controllership team is seeking a creative and collaborative Senior Financial Analyst to support a dynamic and growing business within the EBS portfolio.
The EBS Controllership team empowers delivery of EBS organizational and strategic goals through financial intelligence and operational excellence. As part of the EBS Controllership team, you will be responsible for liaising with internal and external partners to support the rapid growth of the B2B business, driving continuous improvement in execution. Additionally, you will serve as a trusted advisor, working closely with Account Managers, Product, Finance, and Technology teams as well as Expedia Group corporate departments (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Accounts Payable, and Billing teams).
What you'll do:
- Ensure timely review of contracts and provide pre- and post-implementation support
- Design and implement scalable processes mitigating risks
- Document and present program business requirements to key partners
- Monitor and guide programs to ensure solutions satisfy defined business requirements
- Participate in and lead month end close processes and duties with in pre-determined timelines and SOX control requirements
- Execute the monthly process for payment and partner marketing fee reporting packages in accordance with partner contracts
- Analyze results and investigate transaction queries
- Research and analytics to provide solutions and information for partner and internal stakeholder requests
- Accountable for SOX documentation
- Run the annual SOX procedures with internal and external auditors
- Perform data analysis to evaluate existing business/operational processes; recommend/design/implement effective and scalable operational, SOX compliant processes and process improvements
- Present complex financial concepts and technical details to non-financial business partners in an easy to understand manner
- Establish strong working relationships with business partners across various teams
- Review work prepared by analysts and coordinators
- Ad-hoc projects as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Accounting or Finance or equivalent related professional experience
- 5+ years professional Accounting, Finance or Audit experience, Public Accounting experience is a plus
- Problem solver with ability to recommend unique solutions to address complex problems
- Professional “can do” work ethic, with the ability to handle many conflicting tasks
- Established at building solid relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience working with cross functional teams across domestic and international time zones
- Receptive and adaptive to a rapidly changing business environment while maintaining focus on key business goals and objectives
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of handling large and complex data sets
- Experience building Excel models and reports using complex formulas
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Experience with the following systems a plus: SQL Teradata, Oracle and Business Objects
The total cash range for this position in Springfield is $58,500.00 to $82,000.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $93,500.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.