Accountant, Cross Border Individual Tax (Internship)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Cross Border Individual Tax team as an Intern. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide tax advice on domestic and foreign assignments that empowers client organizations and their employees to maintain regulatory compliance and mitigate risk.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document.
- Participate in personal tax engagements involving U.S. and combined U.S.-Canadian individual income and estate tax return preparation for U.S. citizens living in Canada, U.S. residents working in Canada and Canadians working and investing in the U.S.
- Assist in carrying out cross-border income tax and estate planning
- Prepare U.S. and Canadian personal tax returns
- Work with team to deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax and assurance issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high- quality deliverables
- Assist with research into client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (employment income, capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.)
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Working towards prerequisites for admission into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- Previous tax or accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is considered an asset
With a focus on high-potential earnings, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards that support our unique culture and a balanced lifestyle to thrive at work and outside of the office. You will be rewarded with generous base pay, vacation time, exclusive access to perks and discounts, MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment, firm sponsored social events and more!
We embrace diversity as a core value and celebrate our differences. We believe each team member contributes unique gifts and amplifying their potential makes our business stronger. We encourage people with disabilities to apply!For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.