About the role
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Tax Director to join our expanding Plymouth and Truro tax team.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
With a wide range of clients, we are interested in speaking to candidates with either corporate tax, private client and/or mixed tax experience.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will be able to influence the development of the practice and will have People Management and Business Development responsibilities.
Ranked as one of the Top 10 Best Accounting Firms to Work For, you will be part of a rapidly expanding Top 30 firm that values it people and offers a fantastic working environment.
Working closely with our Plymouth office SMT, you will look to grow our portfolio of tax clients and expand and develop the team. You will add value to our clients and help our people realise their full potential.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with our management team to manage and develop our tax team – this will include recruiting team members and coaching our people so that they can reach their potential
- Building strong relationships with a broad portfolio of tax clients and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Build/retain a good network of local contacts within the local market to aid business development
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- Appropriately qualified with experience of working within a tax environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
We are looking to offer a highly competitive remuneration package with excellent benefits. People development is a key part of our culture and you will have access to coaching and mentoring to help you realise your career ambitions.
Please contact Sam Ford, Talent Acquisition Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.