ETIC, Anti-Money Laundering SME - Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
A career in General Consulting services will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever-changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Who are we looking for?
Seeking highly motivated and approachable individuals who will undertake Subject Matter Expert (SME) roles on our client projects supporting the team in providing help, support, and guidance in respect of their work. As a senior associate, working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, your typical responsibilities are likely to include:
- Provides clear guidance, instruction, advice or coaching to the team to fulfill their roles from a technical perspective.
- Is proactive in approach to client care, understanding and managing expectations, and escalating issues to the management team.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand client policy and process, translating the policy into easy-to-understand language.
- Understands and identifies risk issues relating to policy and process and escalates/feeds back to Lead SME/Client. Keeps up to date with regulations and industry trends
- Identifies quality issues and supports the implementation of additional training and other measures to improve quality.
- Provides feedback to analysts and contributes to the production and/or delivery of relevant training for new joiners and existing team members
- Point of escalation for queries about client requirements and AML
- Create a culture of high performance. Set high-performance standards, continually review performance, provide feedback and recognise success and achievements.
- Provides clear guidance, instruction, advice, or coaching to the management team to fulfill their roles and performance delivery. Takes responsibility for the integration of all staff.
Requirements of the role
- Demonstrable experience as an SME or a highly experienced Quality Checker in AML, KYC, PEPs, Transaction Monitoring or Fraud and familiarity with policies and processes used to address financial crime risks.
- A degree (2.2 classification or above)
- Knowledge of regulatory developments driving the industry and key issues affecting regulated firms.
- Strong knowledge of company structures, funds, and banking products and demonstrable ability to manage policy and process changes.
- A high level of attention to detail and experience following strict processes and requirements.
- Strong communicator and demonstrable experience in building relations with clients, management, and wider team.
- Experience quality reviewing/testing the work of others to ensure quality standards and expectations are always met. Ideal candidates must have at least 2-3 years + experience in quality control roles or an SME within an AML/KYC function.
- Responsibility for others including training, performance, workload/productivity, and development. The requirement to attend training from clients including training the trainer and thereafter deliver training to team members including Quality reviewers.
- Hold a financial crime-related professional qualification or is working towards one.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.