Senior Assurance Analyst
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars in Australia recently won the 2020 AccountantsDaily Awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential!
The objective of the role is to execute Audits in a timely manner in accordance with the annual Audit plan, as well as assisting with other matters and projects. The Senior Assurance Analyst supervises assignments to ensure that Audit documentation is completed in a timely and high-quality manner, sufficient to meet the requirements of the client and GAAS. The Senior Assurance Analyst is expected to lead and provide guidance to junior staff on Audit engagements.
- Planning performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Engagement scoping and objective setting completed with an understanding of the tests, client, industry, risks and controls developing as preparation progresses.
- Fieldwork performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Care taken to ensure the adequacy of workpaper documentation and the appropriateness of performance tests. Evaluation of findings for relevance and for forming an opinion. Ongoing communication with clients and AIC regarding progress and results.
- Reporting performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Materials presented in a clear, logical and precise manner. Issues reported on accurately and treated according to significance (rating).
- Timely and clear communication maintained with key client representatives to ensure that assurance work proceeds as planned. Responsibility for ensuring that finding are communicated as they are identified, outstanding information requests are completed and client relationships are strengthened.
- Preparation of clear, specific, well presented and easy to understand workpapers. Queries drafted in a professional and concise manner with only minor amendments. Proactive chasing of clients when delays are present.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- CA/CPA qualification (or working towards completion)
- Minimum of three years of recent work experience as an Auditor in a public practice firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Accounting principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess the risks for clients before decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult with peers.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously.
- Ability to view engagements holistically.
- Ability to apply professional scepticism to all scenarios.
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Social club activities charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on
- Casual dress code