KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
- Our Christchurch office is seeking an Audit Manager to join our fun and friendly team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of engagements to a wide range of clients, whilst supporting junior team members.
- We're in a privileged position to partner with our clients through this period of change, and be part of the journey with them as they work through their future plans.
Day to day you will:
- Prepare a wide range of audit assignments of a complex nature and/or higher risk and non-routine audits
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Plan overall work requirements of an audit
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Support business development activities for assigned clients
- Act as a client resource for technical knowledge and advice
- Recommend ‘value-added’ solutions to clients
- Anticipate future client needs
- Coach, develop and support junior team members
What you'll bring to our team:
- 4+ years post qualification experience working to a senior level within a Big 4 or mid tier environment
- High level of technical exposure
- Ability to build meaningful relationships with clients, staff and partners
- Prior staff management experience is essential
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to express views and ideas articulately both written and orally
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and excellent time management skills
- Accounting systems and group reporting experience
- The vision to participate in strategy setting and marketing of services