Tax Senior Associate
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 143 countries with close to 265,000 employees and partners working in member firms around the world.
KPMG in Caricom is a member firm of KPMG International, and is comprised of offices in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean operating as one integrated business.
KPMG in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean is seeking to hire a dynamic, results-oriented and highly motivated Senior Associate for its growing Tax Practice. The successful candidate will be involved in providing tax compliance and advisory services to individuals and companies operating in all business sectors.Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients; Tax Authority and KPMG Firms across the network on a regular basis.
As a Tax Senior you will be dealing with more complex tax compliance and advisory requests from our clients. You will be supported by the managers and partners of KPMG Caricom in developing your tax skills in a role that will prepare you for the next step in your career to become a Manager.
- Preparing tax returns for companies in all sectors including energy, insurance and banking and manufacturers
- Researching tax legislation and drafting tax advice specific to clients’ request.
- Analyzing financial statements and reports and suggest tax advice and planning for audit and non-audit clients.
- Assisting with training for the tax and audit department.
- Assisting with drafting content for tax newsletters.
- Bachelors degree preferably with a major in Accounting; Finance and/or Taxation
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA or CPA) or pursuing qualification
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in tax compliance and/or tax advisory services
- Excellent Project Management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural experience;
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage, and
- Developing and coaching tax associates and interns.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.