Senior Analyst, Alternative Investment Services (AIS)
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
Operations bring together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. Operations help clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 36 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - Operations are working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Operations manage investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset value (NAV) for a number of complex Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Market Funds, Real Estate Funds and Hybrid Funds investing in a wide variety of financial instrument types.
This area of business focuses on preparing and calculating accurate Net Asset Values (NAVs) across all funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures, preparing cash and asset reconciliation's, providing services to all clients and ensuring that client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
The Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all funds within the team. He/she is responsible for checking all work completed by fund accountants I and II on the team and ensuring that all procedures and controls are being complied with. In addition he/she is responsible for the overall work allocation of the team.
- Ensure the team valuations are prepared to meet daily deadlines
- Ensure the team daily prices are issued to all relevant parties in accordance with daily requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the team's operational meetings.
- Liaise with custodians to resolve any reconciliation issues
- Check fee schedules on a timely basis.
- Liaise with investment managers to ensure efficient flow of information.
- Liaise with external clients, investment managers, custodians and auditors.
- Ensure timely completion of statutory returns and ad-hoc requests.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Min. 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Fluent English
- Highly developed communication skills
- Attention to details
- Supervisory experience will be a strong asset
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)