You will be joining a growing manufacturing organisation based in Wigan, where you will be a key hire for the finance team where you will supporting the Finance Business Partner with the day to day finance operations and managing a junior member of the team.
The ideal role for someone who is a part qualified finance professional looking for a step up role with opportunity to develop your skills and career.
A well established and successful manufacturing business who have been established for over 30 years where during this time have developed a reputation for providing their clients with high quality products and unparalleled service.
Their finance team are small and welcoming, and enjoy a great team environment and opportunities to grow and develop and would suit someone who is looking for a long term and stable career within a successful business.
The Assistant Accountant role is reporting directly to the Finance Business Partner, and is a key hire for the business.
With one direct report, you will enjoy a varied role which will encompass a wide range of accounting and finance duties, and should appeal if you love working in a busy position where not two days are the same.
Want to take a deeper dive ?
Your responsibilities will include :
- Supporting the Financial support officer in the day to day processing of sales & purchases invoices
- Supporting the site General manager in the management of its financial position by providing regular flash financial reports
- Daily bank receipts, payments processing and reconciliations
- Management of the monthly employee records to aid the processing of the central payroll
- Management of the supplier and customer and customer accounts
- Completing all regulatory reporting including but not limited to VAT & ONS
- Support with the continual improvement of the revenue position of the business so that it can invest in and maintain its operations through sound working relationships with customer accounts departments
The Assistant Accountant role is going to be your ideal role if you a finance all rounder looking for a role with variety, challenges and a great team.
You will be part qualified and have experience within a similar role and be a confident communicator and want to work for a business where your contribution will not only be valued but key to enabling the business to continue growing their successful business
You may have had experience within line management or ready for your first step into a management role and be a "people person" with a desire to add value to an amazing and supportive business
- Annual bonus
- Study support package
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- On site parking
- This role is full time office based