Finance Business Partner | Al Futtaim Automotive | FAMCO
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail, and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration, and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
This is a mid-management role with a specific focus on steering the accounting and financial processes of the Industrial Equipment business.
What you will do:
Management and Control
- To deliver monthly closure of books of accounts as per the group accounting policies. Approval and supervision of monthly provision entries as per business requirements.
- Contribute to the development of business management through monthly reviews and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
- Review and initiate cost-saving measures in the business.
- Support business in making commercial decisions by providing financial acumen.
- Review contracts for large B2B customers and actively participate in pricing the tenders etc for the business
- Partner with business in formalizing the financing solutions for customers and review LC and BGs
- Assist the BUFC with principal arrangements and negotiations including LCs
- Support business with collections and interfering wherever there are reconciliation issues
- Ensure compliance of laws and regulations like VAT etc
- Ensure compliance of IFRS for revenue booking, cost, and expenses.
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial processes
- Liaise with various AF Group departments like Group Legal, EIT, Group Admin, Group HR, etc.
- Liase with AF Group companies for IHF (long term and short term)
- Supervision of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Inventory, and petty cash activities.
- Review insurance policies for the company and come up with the optimum policies.
- Conduct order study for optimal ordering.
- Manage SAP system-related changes to ensure compliance of invoice formats and accounting processes.
- Design and implement best practices and process improvements within the Financial Reporting, Accounting, and Financial Controlling processes
- Review accounting policies and suggest improvements if required
- Evaluate Business decisions and review financial impacts
- Review and reconciliation of BS accounts as part of the Balance sheet Substantiation process.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Principal and customer negotiations
- Stakeholder management
- Strong understanding of P&L and Balance sheet
- Commercial understanding (contracts and commercials)
- Pricing of tenders/deals
About the Team:
You will be reporting to the Finance Manager and work in busy environment.
What equips you for the role:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting
- CA/ ACCA/ CMA/ Certified Accountant
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with a presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing, and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.