Trainee Accountant, Capital Markets (UK)
CSC® is the world’s leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. Our clients include many of the Fortune 500, FTSE100, CAC 40, and DAX 30 companies.
The Capital Markets Europe team provides our institutional clients with a comprehensive range of specialist debt and capital markets administration services.
In this role, you will work closely with qualified accountants and senior management to provide accounting and financial services for capital market transactions. This role would suit an ambitious, energetic person keen to progress further in a dynamic, rapidly-growing business.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Assisting in the preparation of a trial balance and financial statements for a variety of Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV’s)
- Posting journal entries including cash transactions, accruals, prepayments, revenue and expenses
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and other client deliverables
- Assisting senior accountants and managers throughout the audit process
- Assisting in the completion and filing of VAT returns, Corporation Tax returns and iXBRL tagged financials
- Liaising with clients, auditors and other third parties providing services to the SPVs
- Gaining familiarity with a diverse range of capital markets structures and products
- Liaising with colleagues across Europe, Asia and US.
- Ad hoc finance projects and general support to the senior members of the team
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Graduate in business or finance (ideally 2.1 or above)
- Commitment to pursuing an ACCA qualification in the next three years
- A good understanding of basic accounting debits and credits is required
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Team player, with strong problem solving skills
- Conscientious and diligent, with high attention to detail
- Professional, friendly demeanor with enthusiasm for the role
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
CSC is a global business, legal, and financial services company based in Wilmington, Delaware, USA, providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. We have offices and capabilities in over 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East, and more than 8,000 colleagues. We are the business behind business.®
CSC is committed to creating a diverse and growth-oriented environment where everyone is valued and respected. CSC offers challenging career opportunities and excellent benefits, including annual success-sharing bonuses or commission plans based on individual performance. To learn more, visit cscglobal.com/service/careers.
Visit our careers site to learn more about CSC and our commitment to our clients, communities, and each other.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to describe all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
WHY WORK WITH CSC?
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 120 years.CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006 and are a 2022 National Top Workplace.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus or commission plans based on role and individual performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, and flexible spending and health savings accounts. We also offer you a 401(k) with employer match and profit-sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Our global standard for our work environments supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit-stand workstations, and digital interface points with wireless access throughout the campus. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.