Job Description & SummaryA career as a Senior Associate in our Deals and Consulting services team, will provide you the opportunity to work with teams throughout the Caribbean in cross border assignments including Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana, and other Caribbean Territories.
We help some of the Caribbean’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their organisations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate in our Deals and Consulting team, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include your ability and attitude to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of client work, while reporting to and managing the expectations of Managers and, in turn, external engagement specific stakeholders;
- Preparing concise, accurate documents whilst taking responsibility for the quality of the team’s work products and addressing the needs of the client, the Firm and other stakeholders.
- Participates in project planning, administration and economics, e.g., budgeting, staffing, billing and time analysis.
- Support Management in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities for new/existing clients.
- Supporting proposal teams locally and within the Caribbean Region ensuring that the Requests for Proposals are clearly understood and appropriate methodology and resources are identified.
- Coaching, mentoring and leading staff in assigned practice areas.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Compliance and risk management activities, including independence and relationship checks, Client Entity System (CES) research, sending out Authorization for Services (AFS), research on prospective clients (i.e. SEC and other regulatory status) and completing local Client and Acceptance procedures.
- Be able to identify and discuss issues and obstacles with leadership as they arise and suggest solutions to overcome and progress matters;
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Prioritises and manages assignments of self and others with a focus on completion within budget.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Establish and maintain working client relationships.
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours such as teamwork, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships, living the Firm’s values, etc.
- Able to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with ambiguity and manage conflict / challenging situations.
- A positive, proactive “can do” attitude
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to changing demands, deadlines and responsibilities, deal with ambiguity and manage conflict / challenging situations.
- A strong client service focus in dealing with both external and internal clients, displaying an image of professionalism, discretion and integrity
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills, including a proactive approach to working with colleagues and clients
- Excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team, other PwC staff and clients
- Good spelling, editing, proof-reading, punctuation and grammar skills; effective listening skills
- Strong IT skills are essential
- Minimum years experience required
- At least 12 months experience as a Senior Associate in a deals or consultancy related environment or with a Big 4 Firm.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance Management, Economics, Business Management or a related field from a recognised university
- Internationally recognised accounting designation such as ACA/ACCA/CA/CPA
- Other professional qualifications (Forensic, Insolvency, CFA etc) would be an asset, but is not required.
- Bachelor Degree - Accounting
- Bachelor Degree - Finance & Management, Bachelor Degree - Business Administration/Management
- 0. Global: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - ACCA (preferred),
- 0. Global: Certified Public Accountant - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (preferred)
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.