Director - Audit Practices Group (Internal Audit)
We're seeking someone to join our team as a Director to be part of our Audit Practices team responsible for developing and maintaining IAD's standards and guidance and related templates in accordance with the department's objective and charter. as well as for developing and delivering tools, trainings, and resources.
In the Audit division, we provide senior management an objective and independent assessment of the Firm's internal control environment for risk management and governance. This is a Director level position within Internal Operations and Quality Control, which is responsible for efficient and effective functioning of the department, supporting the ultimate delivery of high-quality assurance services
Morgan Stanley is an industry leader in financial services, known for mobilizing capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals.
At Morgan Stanley India, we support the Firm’s global businesses, with critical presence across Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Investment management, as well as in the Firm’s infrastructure functions of Technology, Operations, Finance, Risk Management, Legal and Corporate & Enterprise Services. Morgan Stanley has been rooted in India since 1993, with campuses in both Mumbai and Bengaluru. We empower our multi-faceted and talented teams to advance their careers and make a global impact on the business. For those who show passion and grit in their work, there’s ample opportunity to move across the businesses.
Interested in joining a team that's eager to create, innovate, and make an impact on the world? Read on...
What you'll do in the role:
- Assisting in the preparation of technical training materials
- Delivering training to audit staff such as Audit Methodology Training, the New Hire Orientation Program, and various other technical training, as needed
- Assisting in the governance and maintenance of the audit universe
- Production of metrics to identify audit data error and work with the audit team to resolve it
- Providing assistance to audit teams for methodology-related queries
What you'll bring to the role:
- At least five-seven years of previous audit experience within the financial services industry or public accounting
- Previous audit experience with a complex or medium size bank
- Proficient understanding of the internal audit process including risk assessments, planning, scheduling, testing, reporting, continuous monitoring
- Ability to multi-task various projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Certification from IIA would be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly process and assimilate information from disparate sources
- CA or MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree in Finance
At Morgan Stanley, you’ll find trusted colleagues, committed mentors, and a culture that values diverse perspectives, individual intellect, and cross-collaboration. Our firm is differentiated by the caliber of our diverse team. Our company culture and commitment to inclusion define our legacy and shape our future, helping to strengthen our business and bring value to clients around the world. Learn more about how we put this commitment to action: morganstanley.com/diversity
We are proud to support our employees and their families at every point along their work-life journey, offering some of the most attractive and comprehensive employee benefits and perks in the industry.
- Monday to Friday from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time-sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA Internal Auditors and auditees.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.