Director - Third Party Audit (Internal Audit)
We're seeking someone to join our team as a Director to be part audit team responsible for performing risk stripe / program-level assurance activities over the Firm's Third Party Risk Management function
In the Internal Audit division, we provide senior management an objective and independent assessment of the Firm's internal control environment for risk management and governance. This is a Director level position within Business Audit, which is responsible for inspecting controls in front, middle and back offices
Morgan Stanley is an industry leader in financial services, known for mobilizing capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals.
At Morgan Stanley India, we support the Firm’s global businesses, with critical presence across Institutional Securities, Wealth Management and Investment management, as well as in the Firm’s infrastructure functions of Technology, Operations, Finance, Risk Management, Legal and Corporate & Enterprise Services. Morgan Stanley has been rooted in India since 1993, with campuses in both Mumbai and Bengaluru. We empower our multi-faceted and talented teams to advance their careers and make a global impact on the business. For those who show passion and grit in their work, there’s ample opportunity to move across the businesses
Interested in joining a team that's eager to create, innovate and make an impact on the world? Read on...
What you’ll do:
- Help identify risk and impact to Firm's Third Party Risk Management programs and policies to prioritize areas of focus
- Execute and lead aspects of assurance activities (e.g., audits, continuous monitoring, closure verification) to assess risk and formulate a view on the control environment
- Facilitate conversations with stakeholders on risks, their impact and how well they are managed in a clear, timely and structured manner
- Assist in managing multiple deliverables in line with team priorities
- Solicit and provide feedback and participate in formal and on-the-job training to further develop self and peers
What you'll bring:
- At least 5 years' relevant experience would generally be expected to find the skills required for this role
- Understanding of business line and key regulations relevant to coverage area
- Strong understanding of audit principles, methodology, tools and processes (e.g., risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting and continuous monitoring)
- Ability to identify and analyze multiple data sources to inform point of view
- Ability to ask meaningful questions, understand various viewpoints and adapt messaging accordingly
- A commitment to practicing inclusive behaviors
- Masters'/ Bachelors' Degree (major in Accounting or Finance preferred).
- CA, CPA, or certifications in CERP, CRISC, CTPRP, CTPRA (preferred, though not required).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Internal Audit, Risk Management or Control functions within Financial Services
- Understanding of the Internal Audit processes (e.g., risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting and continuous monitoring) (Required).
We are committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have defined Morgan Stanley for over 85 years. At our foundation are five core values — putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, committing to diversity and inclusion, and giving back — that guide our more than 80,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 42 countries.
At Morgan Stanley, you’ll find trusted colleagues, committed mentors and a culture that values diverse perspectives, individual intellect and cross-collaboration. We Firm is differentiated by the caliber of our diverse team. While our company culture and commitment to inclusion define our legacy and shape our future, helping to strengthen our business and bring value to clients around the world. Learn more about how we put this commitment to action: morganstanley.com/diversity
We are proud to support our employees and their families at every point along their work-life journey, offering some of the most attractive and comprehensive employee benefits and perks in the industry.
- Monday to Friday from 12:00PM to 9:00PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA Internal Auditors and auditees
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.