Investor Accounting, Associate Specialist
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The job involves working as part of a team within Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, a global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds, private equity funds, and hybrids. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic contributor in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background, experience with hedge funds or private equity funds, a client service focus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly/quarterly fund investor allocations, management fee, and incentive fee calculations
- Review fund documents in order to interpret and execute allocation requirements
- Build allocation models to support bespoke fund and client requirements
- Work directly with clients, including CFOs and fund controllers, for onboarding, monthly/quarterly deliverables, and escalations
- Serve as a client escalation point for issues, providing direction and judgment calls for internal team while providing necessary client communication to resolve external issue
- Collaborate with other team members to build scalable operations to meet the service needs of a large portfolio of clients
- Consistently look to streamline and automate the reporting/analytical process with the use of technology
- Work closely with technology resources to troubleshoot issues and scope new or desired functionality
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with hedge funds or private equity funds investor allocations, management fee, and performance fee calculations
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.