Assurance - BIA Banking - Senior Manager
Our collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & Summary
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You’ll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client’s information.
Why join our team and work in BIA?
By choosing a career with PwC - BIA you will join a team of over 200 specialist professionals, in a business that is rapidly growing, with huge potential for professional advancement.
You will work with some of the leading companies in these industries and be part of a talented and experienced PwC team. Our Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance practices have developed strong teams of individuals with the core competencies necessary to advise clients on complex technical issues in a highly-regulated and rapidly-changing environment.
We audit 2 of the 5 licensed domestic retail banks, 6 of the top 9 life assurance companies, 4 of the top 10 non-life insurance companies and the largest global owner/lessor of commercial aircraft in Ireland. The Banking & Insurance industries face huge challenges from changing regulation and reporting requirements. Our core audit teams work alongside highly skilled specialists including Treasury, Actuarial, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Aviation Finance, Pensions and Regulatory teams. We have also established ourselves as the leading Irish firm providing services to support many of the Aviation Finance companies that make Ireland Europe's leading aircraft leasing location. More than 50% of the world’s commercial aircraft are owned by Irish companies
Our Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance client base provides great opportunities to work on interesting and topical areas to develop your understanding of the key issues facing these industries. This broad base provides our people with varied and rewarding career opportunities. Most of our clients are based in Dublin, typically near the city centre or within the IFSC.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the following:
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing, preferably obtained in a "Top 10” environment;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification) with at least 4 year post qualification
- Strong technical knowledge;
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
- Capable of working on your own initiative;
- Ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
At PwC we help our people to learn, discover, develop and make a difference all the way through their working lives. Opportunities exists in our Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance group.
- In Assurance we have over 1,300 professionals divided into these market groups:
- Banking, Insurance & Aviation Finance (BIA)
- Asset & Wealth Management (A&WM)
- Domestic International Outbound (DIO) & Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Risk Assurance Solutions (RAS)
You’ll be part of the largest and most innovative audit practice in Ireland with the broadest range of clients and industries.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
What’s in it for you?
- Diverse Working Environment
- Health Insurance Plan
- Pension Plan
- A competitive annual leave package
- Sports and social clubs
- A commitment to work life balance
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home flexibility.
- Relocation and Visa sponsorship assistance where applicable