Finance Hub - Senior Finance Officer (any location)
Finance Hub is KPMG's outsourced bookkeeping, payroll and outsourced finance function; designed for businesses of all sizes. Finance Hub is a cloud-technology based solution that offers a range of services to support, supplement and enhance our client’s finance function and financial operations; delivered by a dedicated KPMG finance officer and engagement team.
With continued growth, we are looking to recruit suitably qualified and/or experienced book keepers to join our national network of finance officers and delivery teams.
As a finance officer, you will have accountability for supporting numerous clients with:
- End-to-end AP including processing invoices, uploading vendor payments to banking files, remittance advices, and responding to vendor queries
- Maintain Inboxes - AP invoice submissions and queries from Suppliers and Clients
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements (BAS) & Instalment Activity Statements (IAS).
- Payroll processing including expense reimbursement management
- Preparation and lodgement of periodic superannuation and payroll tax reporting and payments
- Periodic bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Assisting in preparing financial information/reports for accountants, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assist in preparation of General Ledger reconciliations
- Assist clients transition to automated cloud software systems.
As you grow, develop and learn within this role, you will have the opportunity to assist our clients with:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports covering balance sheet, profit and loss, and cashflow statements
- Play a business partnering role to the client’s management team
- Managing the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet, banking and inter-company reconciliations
- Completion of the monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Assisting with budgeting, forecasting and cashflow management
- Training and mentoring staff
How are you extraordinary?
This role is suited to a highly detail-oriented person who thrives on a challenge.
We use applications such as Xero, MYOB, Excel, Fathom, Castaway, Spotlight, Approvalmax, Ezzybills ADP, and Deputy. Although not essential, awareness and experience of these applications would be an advantage, but not an inhibitor for the right applicant.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Strong attention to detail, to ensure the accuracy of information
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Proficient use of technology including MS Outlook and be proficient in MS Office Suite (word excel etc)
- Australian Citizen or valid Right to Work
- Ability to prioritise, organise and complete work within established deadlines and to maintain a consistent level of professionalism;
- A can-do attitude and ability to multi-task and thrive in a changing environment requiring flexibility and adjustment.
- Willingness to learn;
- Ability to work effectively in a busy team environment as well as work independently;
- Problem-solving abilities;
- Self-motivated, autonomous, reliable and trustworthy;
In relation to formal qualifications, it would be great if you have obtained Certificate qualifications from a recognised TAFE or business college. However, we also recognise experience. If you have had 2+ years experience working as a book keeper, we would love to hear from you.Additional Information
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.