Director, Debt Advisory (Brisbane, Melbourne or Perth)
Director or Associate Director - Debt Advisory (Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure)
Our Debt Advisory team assists a broad range of organisations to make sound financial and capital structuring decisions. We work closely with our clients to provide independent advice on financing options and strategy and then support their capital raising activities in the market, including preparation of supporting materials and direct negotiations with financiers.
The KPMG Debt Advisory team sits within our national Deal Advisory group, a group dedicated to assisting clients to find and drive value throughout the deal and transformation lifecycle - from strategy through to deal execution.
Our Debt Advisory team focuses on providing independent financial advisory services across a range of transactions, including senior secured and hybrid/subordinated/mezzanine debt to established listed and unlisted corporates, government related organisations and greenfield projects. Our team has the capability to deliver funding solutions from multiple capital providers including bank and non-bank lenders (e.g., industry credit funds/HNW family offices, institutional, ESG and benevolent investors, and government agencies).
This high performing team is growing and has openings at both the Associate Director and Director level with a focus on Project Finance and portfolio transactions in the Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure sectors. The roles could be based in Perth, Brisbane, or Melbourne, but with scope to cover transactions across Australia and internationally.
Forming part of the Debt Advisory team, you will bring a project finance, institutional or investment banking background and will support the team’s national strategy by:
- Demonstrating a passion for financial advisory in a fast-paced deals environment.
- Using your vast experience in Project Finance or Structured Finance to add value to existing engagements and leveraging existing client relationships.
- Applying your experience in corporate finance concepts and analysis across a broad range of capital products and situations.
- Taking a pro-active approach to business development and stakeholder engagement to grow our opportunities.
- Having the confidence to manage direct client interactions, taking leadership for key deal workstreams, and driving project deadlines.
- Assisting with the preparation, management and oversight of key transaction deliverables including teaser documents, information memorandums, complex financial models, term sheets and other reports and presentations.
- Leading and developing diverse teams in a hybrid working environment.
How are you extraordinary?
- You are currently an energetic and high performing Director or Associate Director in a banking, financial advisory or professional services environment looking to take your career to the next level.
- Your previous experience has led you to be highly interested in capital markets and funding options for organisations and projects, with that interest extending to a strong desire to originate and close deals.
- You enjoy working in flexible and adaptive environments and leverage your strong communication skills to optimise team-based outcomes against team-based goals.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background, and experience, strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills, and experience could include:
- Strong experience in credit analysis and structuring of project finance and / or structured lending transactions predominantly in the resources sector.
- A strong interest in financial advisory in a professional services environment.
- A tertiary qualification in Commerce (or similar) and relevant post graduate studies (CFA, CA, MBA, FINSIA, Masters in Finance) would be preferred.
- Experience working within a banking environment would be highly regarded, particularly where it has led to exposure to many transactions from origination through to financial close.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills, proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Mature attitude, attention to detail, high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work closely to schedule and meet deadlines with a strong team orientation.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.