Enterprise Risk Assurance - Senior Consultant/Manager
Our Risk team design and transform risk functions, create, and build enterprise risk management frameworks, advise on Governance, risk and controls solutions and support businesses in identifying and managing operational risks. Risk Consulting is a growing business that focuses on helping our clients understand, manage, and oversee their risks, including conduct and regulatory change.
As a key member of KPMG's Enterprise Risk Assurance team, you will work with teams that support Boards and Executive Management to help them navigate their business risks and assist in them in achieving their strategic and operational priorities. You will work with clients at all levels across every facet of their business from managing day to day operational risks to assisting Boards and Executive Management developing their strategic internal audit plans. Our local client base includes Local Government across the region, not-for-profit organisations (such as education, healthcare, humanitarian services, etc.) and financial services. As a team member you will:
- Work on a portfolio of engagements that consistently delivers quality outcomes for clients.
- Deliver a variety of Risk Assurance and Risk Advisory projects, including internal audit, compliance, regulatory audit, performance audit and risk advisory services across a variety of disciplines including procurement, safety, financial controls technology, security, governance and operations.
- Develop client deliverables.
- Develop technical and business knowledge, through day-to-day interaction with senior management on engagements.
- Contribute to business development by maintaining strong relationships with clients and building professional networks.
- Develop a deep understanding of KPMG’s broad service offerings and begin to identify additional opportunities outside of Risk Assurance to further support our clients.
- Coaches and mentors junior colleagues in the performance of risk and internal audit related engagements.
- Manages client portfolio (including WIP and debtor management) and deadlines.
How are you extraordinary?
You are passionate about the importance of fantastic communication to share ideas, inspire, and create change. You are able to digest, distil, and communicate complex concepts in both written and verbal forms.
You are tuned in to business development opportunities, with confidence creating effective sales material including proposals, case studies, and other sector-specific material.
You are a kind and compassionate leader with a passion for continually growing your leadership skills to get the best out of a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Background in internal audit and/or risk (Ideally with a professional services firm) with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Strong technical skills in controls, risk, compliance and business process reviews.
- Be able to effectively communicate with a broad range of clients and internal stakeholders.
- Relevant post-graduate professional qualifications such as CPA / CA / CIA / CISA.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.