Senior Consultant | Enterprise | Risk Consulting
Our Risk team design and transform risk functions, create, and build enterprise risk management frameworks, advise on Governance, risk, and control solutions, and support businesses in identifying and managing operational risks. Risk Consulting is a growing business that focuses on helping our clients understand, manage, and oversee their risks, including conduct and regulatory change.
Forming part of the Enterprise Risk Consulting practice in Hobart, you will work with Boards and Executive Management to help them navigate their business risks and assist them in achieving their strategic and operational priorities. Our team works with clients at all levels (from Board down) across every facet of their business from managing day-to-day operational risks to managing strategic risks and controlling the risks on multi-billion-dollar infrastructure projects. Our client base includes corporate and Government clients in utilities, education, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, infrastructure, financial services, and resources sectors. You will:
- Work alongside junior staff and management to support the overall scoping, execution, and delivery of a variety of internal audits as well as risk consulting and advisory projects.
- Support a portfolio of clients across our risk consulting and internal audit business.
- Be a part of a leading team that advises high-profile clients with operational and strategic initiatives focusing on risk management, governance, process review and controls, and technology risks.
- Lead a variety of risk consulting projects, ranging across a variety of disciplines including procurement, safety, financial controls, governance, and operations.
- Lead teams on client delivery and engagements and maintain strong relationships with the client during and post engagements.
- Provide technical knowledge, direction, coaching, and training to colleagues through day-to-day management of teams on engagements.
- Be involved and lead go-to-market initiatives and business development, with the ability to target clients and markets that interest you.
How are you extraordinary?
- You are a people person with a love of sharing your risk and internal audit insight and tailoring your communication appropriately for subject matter experts and clients who want to learn more.
- You are able to quickly build strong relationships and network with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external.
- You resonate with our values and are excited to contribute to our culture of integrity, excellence, and collaboration.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background, and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and our communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Senior Consultant experience and interest in and/or understanding of Internal Audit or Risk Consulting
- Experience in working across a portfolio of clients with strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Recent experience in an audit or risk-associated role, with a strong understanding of governance, risk, and controls and an ability to think strategically
- A tertiary qualification, post-grad qualifications such as CIA/CPA/CA will be viewed favorably, but we are also happy to consider people from other backgrounds such as engineering, project management, change management, data analytics, and information technology
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options, and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.