About the role
We are looking for a Corporate Partner to join our expanding Exeter office as we commence the next phase of our ambitious growth plans.
We are keen to hear from talented accountants who hold a proven track record of operating within either Audit or Accounting Services.
As part of our Exeter leadership team, you will play a significant role in the development of our corporate client base across the Exeter and wider South-West region.
You will be a strategic thinker who can lead and develop teams in providing a trusted advisor service to a wide range of clients.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to play a leading role in the development and growth of our practice – if this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
Your role will combine key client service delivery, people management and business development responsibilities.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing and growing our corporate client base – including developing existing client relationships and winning new corporate clients
- Playing a pivotal role in Business Development activities and looking to build/retain a good network of local and/or specialist contacts to contribute to our growth
- Contributing to People Management in our Audit and Accounting teams – including recruiting team members, coaching our people and succession planning
To be considered for the role, you will need to be/have:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within an audit or similar professional services environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can influence at all levels
- A strong People Manager who enjoys building and developing a team
- Keen to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact James Finnegan, Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.