Senior Accountant / Assistant Manager - Enterprise - Business and Tax Advisory
KPMG Enterprise is a specialist division of KPMG Australia, dedicated to advising the emerging, private, and mid-market. We work with established and emerging entrepreneurs, family businesses, private clients, not-for-profits, and fast-growing companies to build successful, efficient, and resilient organisations. By bringing our diverse expertise together, we give our clients the confidence to focus on the things that will truly make an impact and help them grow.
Our Business and Tax Advisory team supports clients in managing their compliance and looking ahead to plan for their continued business success and growth. We are equipped to decisively deliver new ways of thinking, big-picture perspectives, and acute insights that help clients make informed.
With continued growth, we are now looking to recruit a Senior Adviser to join our Business & Tax Advisory team in Melbourne:
- Preparation of general purpose and special purpose financial statements for all entities including companies, trusts, and partnerships;
- Preparation of income tax returns for all entities including companies, trusts, partnerships, and HNW individuals;
- Research and assistance with tax and business consulting advice;
- Assistance with research for the preparation of advice and file notes;
- Liaising with clients regarding compliance and ad-hoc advisory matters;
- Preparation of business activity statements;
- Preparation of work papers and calculations to support compliance and advisory work;
- Liaising with the ATO in relation to client matters;
- Liaising with other KPMG teams regarding client-specific matters (i.e. industry-specific or other technical areas);
- Contribution to internal people initiatives and providing technical support/training to vacationers, graduates, and advisors.
How are you extraordinary?
You are passionate about the importance of fantastic communication to share ideas, inspire, and create change. You are able to digest, distill, and communicate complex concepts in both written and verbal forms.
You get things done! You’re organized, and efficient, and have a high attention to detail to deliver impactful outcomes.
You enjoy working in the details, with a proactive attitude towards accuracy and deadlines.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background, and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and our communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Experience in tax, accounting, or business services in a similar environment
- A passion for ongoing learning
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- An ability to establish and develop effective professional relationships
- Help create innovative solutions in a changing world of service delivery
- We will consider those who are either about to commence or are mid-way through the CA / CPA program.
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change, and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options, and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.