Fund Administrator /Senior Accountant | Enterprise | Business Tax & Advisory
KPMG Enterprise has a substantial and growing fund administration business preparing the accounts and providing fund services for some of Australia’s leading companies and investors in infrastructure, real estate and agriculture.
We are looking for team members to join or growing business and team. The successful candidate will be an accountant and existing or aspiring fund accountant, working in a team to deliver accounting compliance services for of number of Australia’s largest infrastructure funds. You will have the opportunity to learn from KPMG’s technical specialists, from CFOA Advisory, Corporate secretarial and Tax specialists, who are part of the broader team. You will also work in accounting for funds with ownership of some of Australia’s largest infrastructure assets.
- Preparation of the administration and accounting functions of the Infrastructure funds, including:
- Drawdowns & distributions
- General investor distribution calculations
- Bookkeeping – booking investment and intercompany transactions
- Attending board meetings with key stakeholders and preparing minutes
- Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly Investor Reports and Statements sourcing
- Business Activity Statement (BAS) preparation and lodgment
- Explain the impact of accounting issues and identify changes in information received and key processes to team members
- Ability to identify requirements for specialist advice (accounting or taxation) and liaison with technical expertise as required.
- Ensure all accounting, taxation, compliance and regulatory reporting requirements of the Fund & investors are delivered on time & accurately
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements for review, prepared in accordance with applicable accounting standards
- Liaise with external tax advisors and external auditor
- Bachelor’s in Commerce, Business, Finance or Accounting
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients, and communities. To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Planning skills with strong outcomes focus
- Project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines
- High level of business acumen and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously within a team environment
- Accounting experience, robust technical skills in financial reporting
- Prior exposure to Infrastructure transactions and fund structures is preferred
- CA or CPA qualified, or on the path towards qualification
KPMG is a professional services firm with global outreach and deep sector experience. We work with clients across an array of industries to solve complex challenges, steer change and enable growth.
Our people are what make KPMG the thriving workplace that it is and what sets us apart is that we know great minds think differently. Collaborate with a team of passionate, highly skilled professionals who’ve got your back. You’ll build relationships with unique and diverse colleagues who will provide you with the support you need to be your best and produce meaningful and impactful work in an inclusive, equitable culture.
At KPMG, you’ll take control over how you work. We’re embracing a new way of working in many ways, from offering flexible hours and locations to generous paid parental leave and career breaks. Our people enjoy a variety of exciting perks, including retail discounts, health and wellbeing initiatives, learning and growth opportunities, salary packaging options and more.
Diverse candidates have diverse needs. During your recruitment journey, information will be provided about adjustment requests. If you require additional support before submitting your application, please contact the Talent Support Team.
At KPMG every career is different, and we look forward to seeing how you grow with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.