International Programmes Accountant #860 @ Human rights
International Programmes Accountant #860
£45,000 - £50,000, depending on experience
Hybrid working, London, UK
Our partner is a leading global organisation advocating for human rights and freedom. They are seeking an International Programmes Accountant to join their close-knit team.
- Support in the development of budgets for grants proposals, and in maintaining budgets and forecasts for the programmes in your portfolio.
- Working as a business partner with the programmes team to support them in understanding due diligence for new implementing partners and suppliers, managing variances on budgets versus actual spend, and understanding and adhering to donor compliance and reporting requirements.
- Lead on monthly project accounting and reporting - undertaking a monthly review of cost allocations, an analysis of budget versus actual spend, ensuring that donor funds are properly allocated; and supporting in mitigating any risks.
- Maintain financial trackers for projects.
- Ensure that donor/contract compliance and reporting requirements are met.
- Support in the development and strengthening of processes and procedures.
- Qualified or QBE accountant with demonstrable experience of full cycle grants management covering budget proposal development, grants compliance & reporting, and grants audits, for trusts, foundation and institutional donors.
- Experience of working in an INGO with a complex grants portfolio, operating in a multi-country, multi-currency environment.
- Experience in budgeting, analysis, and writing reports.
- Strong business partnering skills and experience, able to work with finance and non finance stakeholders successfully within the organisation.
- Able to work well under pressure, manage a varied workload and competing deadlines.
- Good team ethic.
- Passionate about the work of the organisation
This is a permanent role where the individual will be expected to be office-based at least 2 days/week in London. For this role, the individual will need to have the right to work in the UK.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.